Habit Tea Rooms

Llandudno

Marquis of Anglesey Column

The panorama of the Menai Strait backed by the mountains of Snowdonia is spectacular and memorable.

Suspension_from_Column_small2.jpg

The splendid column was finished two years after the battle of Waterloo, 18th of June, 1815. The statue was added in 1860 to commemmorate the life of Henry William Paget, Earl of Uxbridge and first Marquess of Anglesey.

The Marquess was second-in-command to Wellington at Waterloo, where he lost his right leg but survived and lived to the grand age of eighty five. His great house, Plas Newydd, lies less than two miles away from the column and is now a National Trust property.

Marquis of Anglesey Column Statistics: 65 click throughs, 5272 views since start of 2020

Attraction in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll Isle of Anglesey

Habit Tea Rooms Llandudno Conwy

Powered by Web4-u | Wales Tourist Information